- Former Executive Director IATA: President WTTC: Assistant Secretary General UNWTO. Currently Director of Greenearth.travel & Founder, SUN
- He has played a leading role in the emergence of Travel & Tourism as a serious socioeconomic sector.
o As Executive Director at IATA in the 1970’s helped drive a new liberalization agenda, responding to airline deregulation.
o As first President of WTTC throughout the 1990’s, he worked to pioneer new systems of measuring the sector, creating CSR Certification and supporting China’s efforts to open Tourism markets.
o As Assistant Secretary General of UNWTO, in the first decade of this millennium, he spearheaded new development support systems, created the ST-EP Program, led the Davos Climate Summit and launched G20 Summit recognition program.
o As Director of Greenearth and it’s not for profit Green Growth & Travelism Institute he is curating SUN a global initiative to support Climate Resilience, the SDG’s and Emergency Response through Green Growth & Travelism.
- Served on public / private sector Boards in Africa, Europe, Middle East and Canada: Tourism Envoy to UNDP Administrator; Member EU Commissions on Airline Liberalization and on Tourism Employment: Environment Advisor to the Governor of Jeju Island, Korea: President ICTP (International Coalition of Tourism Partners)
- Written / lectured widely on tourism strategy, sustainability & liberalization; co- author/ editor of two books and numerous journal articles on Green Growth & Travelism as a visiting Professor, Victoria U. Australia and Hasselt U. Belgium.
- Lipman has promoted Travelism with Heads of State, Ministers, Chief Executives and grass roots activists and is currently leading a global green growth initiative – the SUN Program, a legacy project of Maurice Strong designed to champion Climate Resilience and SDG support for Communities, through Green Growth & Travelism.
- He has worked closely with the World Economic Forum since the early 90’s on its Competitiveness and Smart Travel activities and is the longest serving Member of its Travel & Tourism Global Agenda Council.